In this article, we will know about How to Delete Match Account Permanently. We will discuss everything related it step by step. But before it, we should to know about some related things.
What Happens When You Delete Your Match.com Account?
If you have decided to delete your Match.com account then you should be aware of what happens when you delete your Match.com account. And we are here to tell you about this. Your profile will be deleted permanent after 24 hours of your request when you delete Match.com account. Your messages with your matches will be deleted and you won’t receive any notifications for matches through e-mails. People who use match.com will not see your profile on it any more. You will not be able to access your information after deleting the account. You will no longer can use your this account anymore. After deleting your account, someday you might want to use Match.com again then you have to make you new account and get started again.
But if you decided to deactivate your account temporarily, you will temporarily stop receiving matches, notifications and e-mails. Your profile will be hidden from potential matches too. But you can choose to get back to your account in some time then your information will still be there.
Things to be considered before deleting your Match.com account:
- All the data of your Match.com account, including messages and matches you have found, will be deleted.
- Other people on Match.com will no longer see your profile on Match.com.
- Also make sure that you have cancelled the auto renewal of Match.com subscription or else you will paid for that.
People use Match.com with their different devices . So, let’s see how you’ll delete your Match.com account on different devices like android, desktop and iOS. Keep reading the article further to get to know how to delete your account on Match.com.
How to Delete Match.com Account?
You have to login on a web browser as there is no option to delete your account from the match.com app. Follow the steps below to delete your Match.com account:
- Open your web browser and go to the Match.com website.
- Log in or sign in to the account which you want to delete on Match.com.
- Select the ‘settings’ option which will appear on the top right corner of the site.
- In the settings page, click on ‘change/ cancel subscription’.
- Since you will be accessing the crucial part , Match.com will ask you to re enter your account password. Type the password of your account and then click on ‘continue cancellation’.
- Before you proceed further, don’t forget to cancel your auto renewal subscription. To check on this ,click on subscription status.
- After you are done checking on your subscription status, click on ‘cancel membership and remove profile’.
- Now you are done with the all steps , you will receive a notice that will be confirming your membership cancellation.
This process will deactivate your match.com account and to delete it permanently it will take 365 days or a year. Till then if you still want to access your account then you can come back to your Match.com account with the same password, but only in the time period of 365 days or a year and all your information will be deleted after this period of time.
So, if you don’t know how to cancel the subscription of your Match.com account, you can still read it further. This article will also help you to know about how to cancel the subscription of Match.com account.
How to Cancel the Match.com Subscription On Android?
Follow the below steps to cancel the Match.com subscription from Android:
- Open the Match app on your android device.
- Tap on the menu option that lies on the top left corner of the page.
- Tap on ‘settings’ in the menu tab that slides out.
- Now in the Profile Visibility option tap on “Hidden.” It will hide your profile, and you will not be seen by others.
- Open Google Play Store application on your device.
- Tap on the menu option at the top left corner of the apps and then tap on “Account” from the menu panel that slides out.
- Tap on Subscription to display all the subscriptions that you have made.
- Find and tap on Match.com app.
- Finally, tap on Cancel and then tap on Yes to confirm your choice that you want to cancel your subscription.
By following these steps you will hide your profile and then cancel the automatic payment to Match.com subscription. This process will not delete your profile it’s just hide your profile from the others.
Click to Know about: How to Unsubscribe Match Subscription?
How to Cancel the Match.com Subscription On iOS?
Follow the below steps to cancel the Match.com subscription on iOS:
- Open the ‘settings’ on your iOS device.
- Tap on the iTunes and App store you will see this option while scrolling down on the settings page.
- Click on your Apple ID.
- And put your password of your Apple ID if it is asked, then do so as per the instructions.
- Scroll down on the page and select the subscription
- Select the Match subscription from the list.
- Tap on the Cancel Subscription option and click Confirm it on the pop-up screen.
By following these steps you will successfully cancelled you Match.com subscription but remember that your I’d still not deleted from Match.com for that you have to visit the Match.com website, we already shown the steps of how to delete match account. We hope this article is helpful to you.